Opportunities for your child to be a leader
Throughout their time at St Thomas More, we provide lots of opportunities for students to be a leader, in various different ways:
Agents of Ambition
Each form group will have elected student leaders which is made up of the following roles:
- Student Leadership Team representative- their role is to focus on ways to improve aspects of school life
- House Captains- their role is to focus on ideas for improving extra-curricular and house activities/events
- Catholic Ambassadors- their role is to evaluate the Catholic Life of the school and work towards its ongoing improvement
- Mental Health Ambassadors – their role is to evaluate ways in which we can help students maintain a positive well – being and mental health.
- Ant bullying Ambassadors – their role is to support us in ensuring that all students are ‘kind’ and treat others as they would like to be treated.
- Environment Ambassadors – their role is to support us in improving the school environment and facilities for students.
As their first taste of recruitment, students are asked to apply for these roles and present to the rest of their form as part of the election campaign. A vote is then held in each form and students are appointed to the roles accordingly. An important part of this role is to ensure all students have an opportunity to contribute their ideas and suggestions. One of the many ways they do this is through meetings with their Heads of Year and the Senior Leadership Team. Student leaders come together each half-term to give feedback and share ideas. Lots of fantastic improvements have been made to our school as a result of their hard work!
Year 11 Prefects and Senior Prefect Team
All students in Year 11 have the opportunity to apply for a prefect role within the school. Students submit a letter of application for the role of prefect and undergo a rigorous interview. Students applying for the position of senior prefect are interviewed by an external panel involving Governors.