Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme
The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme is all about going the extra mile – gaining new skills, pushing yourself physically, helping others and exploring new territories.
At the same time, you’ll make new friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime
At St Thomas More we will be offering the Bronze Award to years 9 and 10.
You achieve the award by completing a personal programme of activities:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK.
Bronze criteria to be met to achieve the award:
- Volunteering - three months
- Physical - three months
- Skills - three months
- You will have to carry an additional 3 months on one of the above activities.
- Expedition - plan, train for and complete a two day, one night expedition.
An hour a week must be dedicated to each section of the award for the required time span. At Bronze level, it is expected that students complete their physical, skill and volunteering before the end of the academic year, ready for the expedition.
To find out more about the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme speak to Mrs Marshall or email Mrs Marshall on email@example.com.
Please visit the Duke of Edinburgh website at www.dofe.org for further information regarding the award scheme.