Admission Arrangements and Criteria
There will be capacity for 150 students in year 12 in September 2020, provided they meet the course and general entry requirements. Applications are welcome both from students’ currently in year 11 at the school and also from students currently studying in other schools. In the event of the number of applications exceeding the number of places available, places will be allocated in accordance with the criteria outlined below.
Admission Criteria for Year 12
All student applicants to St Thomas More Sixth Form will be expected to support the Catholic ethos and values of the school. Students will be admitted according to the following criteria
- Students apply with a learning statement of needs or are looked after.
- Existing Year 11 students from St Thomas More Catholic Academy & Sixth Form College who have satisfied the entry requirements for their chosen courses.
- Catholic students not currently at St Thomas More Catholic Academy & Sixth Form College who have satisfied the entry requirements for their chosen courses.
- Non-Catholic students who have had siblings who have attended St Thomas More Catholic School and Sixth Form College in previous years.
- Non-Catholic students not currently at St Thomas More Catholic School & Sixth Form College who have satisfied the entry requirements for their chosen courses (see note a).
Note a) In the event of there being more applicants than places in this category priority will be given in order of distance from the applicant’s home to the school (shortest distance – highest priority).
General Entry Requirements to gain a place in the Sixth Form
You must satisfy all of these requirements:-
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs graded at 4 or above.
- English Language or Maths GCSE graded at 4 or above.
- An average GCSE points score of 4, or more, gleaned from all GCSE examinations undertaken by the pupil.
Please refer to sixth form prospectus for the different course requirements.