Visitor Protocol Covid-19
In line with guidance from Public Health England and minimising the risk of Coronavirus across The Holy Spirit MAC, we are requiring all visitors to our schools to strictly adhere to the following guidance and only visit the school, when it is absolutely necessary.
Before you arrive:
- Make an appointment with the staff member who you wish to see.
- Our Risk Assessment for COVID19 does not encourage the use of masks or face coverings. If you intend to wear a mask or face covering during your visit to the school, please make this known when you arrange your appointment.
- Please ensure long hair is tied back, you have no low hanging jewellery on your person and, we kindly ask that no ties be worn whilst on site.
When you arrive on site:
- Only visitors with a prearrange appointment are allowed. Ad hoc visitors will not be allowed on site.
- If you arrive by car, please observe the 2m distancing rule when you leave your car and make your way to the school entrance.
- When you arrive in the school building, you will be welcomed by our reception staff, who will ask you if you have any of the following symptoms, if you do, you will be politely asked to leave, and book an appointment for another time after the 14 day isolation period;
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
- All visitors will be ask to use the hand sanitiser available at the reception desk
- Instead of using the touchscreen signing in system, the reception staff will sign you into the school themselves, by asking for your name, logging the time you have arrived and who you are here to visit.
During your visit:
- When you are met by one of our members of staff, they will not offer a handshake as a greeting – please do not be offended by this.
- Visitors are to remain 2m apart from all other staff and pupils in the MAC, when moving around the site and, if taking a seat during your visit, you should be positioned 2m apart from those in the same room.
- During these circumstances unfortunately we are unable to offer our usual hospitality however you are welcome to bring a bottle of water with you.
- If you wish to use the toilet facilities while on site, again a member of staff will direct to where you need to go.
- Please refrain from touching surfaces during your visit.
- If you remain within school for more than one hour, please ensure your wash your hands regularly in accordance with our risk assessment
Parents should come into school buildings only when strictly necessary, by appointment, and ideally only one (unless for example, an interpreter or other support is required). Any such meetings should take place at a safe distance (and so the use of small offices may not be suitable).